Thursday, July 14, 2011

Double Chocolate Chip Muffins


I wanted to try a new muffin recipe. All the other chocolate muffins I ever made were dry and pretty much tasteless. These are slightly crispy on the outside and soft on the inside. (For them to taste their best, I recommend eating them warm.)

Double Chocolate Chip Muffins:

Oven: 350 F.

Yield: About 12 muffins

Ingredients:

1 3/4 cup white flour

2 tsp baking powder

1/2 tsp baking soda

4 TBS cocoa

3/4 cup superfine sugar

3/4 cup semi sweet chocolate chips, plus 1/4 cup extra for sprinkling

1 cup milk

1/3 cup plus 2 tsp vegetable oil

1 large egg

1 tsp vanilla extract

Directions:

Heat oven, and spray muffin tin. In a large mixing bowl, mix flour, baking powder, baking soda, cocoa, sugar, and 3/4 cup chocolate chips. Whisk all the wet ingredients together in a separate bowl. Mix the wet and dry ingredients together, remembering that lumpy batter makes the best muffins. Spoon the batter into the muffin tin, and sprinkle with 1/4 cup chocolate chips. Bake for 20 minutes until muffins are dark, risen, and springy.

1 comment:

  1. Oh your reipes are so good. I wll ahve to make soem. do follow my blog.

    ReplyDelete

Like what I have posted? Leave me comment! I love getting feedback.