Sunday, July 17, 2011

Raspberry Flummery


It is my personal opinion that pudding is one of the greatest foods in the universe. Seriously. Who doesn't love pudding? I also have a huge love for raspberries, and this recipe is basically just raspberry pudding. I do not think very many food exist that taste this incredible, and although it uses a TON of raspberries, it is well worth it. Flummery is my new favorite food.

Since today I was dutifully picking raspberries, naturally, I decided to put them to good use. I had recently discovered a new recipe in Felicity's Cookbook (Pleasant Company Publications), which has recipes from the 1700's. It looked incredible. After reading a little more, I discovered, Raspberry Flummery was often the featured dessert at the end of an elegant dinner.  From the picture, I originally thought it was a beverage, but it turned out to be pudding. AMAZING!



Raspberry Flummery:

Yield: About 6 servings

Ingredients: 

3 cups raspberries

3/4 cup cold water

1 cup sugar

1/2 tsp salt

6 TBS cornstarch

Directions:

Put raspberries into a colander and rinse them under cold running water. Measure the water into the saucepan. Add the berries. Turn the heat to medium high. Cover saucepan and cook the berries for about ten minutes, or until they are soft. Stir them once or twice while they cook. While berries are cooking, measure the sugar, salt and cornstarch into a bowl and mix them with a fork. Slowly add the sugar mixture to the cooked berries and stir. Turn the heat onto low and cook for about ten minutes, or until it becomes thick. Spoon the fummery into glass dished. Chill the dishes in the refrigerator before serving.

2 comments:

  1. Sounds delicious! Do you take the food photography as well, Libby? The pictures are lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

Like what I have posted? Leave me comment! I love getting feedback.