Saturday, June 23, 2012

Greatest Homemade Pizza



I have recently decided to peer past desserts, and break down my baking barrier. What better way to do that than by making pizzas? I have always been a little nervous about cooking things. Although it's not that much more difficult than baking, it just appear more intimidating. However, I feel pretty good after creating a perfect pizza. 


Unfortunately I have a but if an allergy to tomatoes. It's too bad, because pizza is one of my favorite food. However, I made a fantastic one by substituting marinara sauce for Alfredo sauce. Yum!



Greatest Homemade Pizza:

Yield: 1 pizza, about 4 servings

Oven: 350 degrees F

Ingredients:

1 25oz pkg active dry yeast

1 cup warm water

2 cups bread flour

2 tablespoons olive oil

1 teaspoon salt

2 teaspoons granulated sugar

Your favorite pizza toppings!
  • Directions:

In a small bowl, dissolve yeast in warm water. Let stand until foamy, about 10 minutes.

In a large bowl, combine flour, olive oil, salt, sugar, and the yeast mixture. Stir until well combined. Beat until stiff dough has formed. Cover and rise until doubled in volume, about 30 minutes.

Meanwhile, preheat oven to 350 degrees F.

Turn dough out onto a well floured surface. Form dough into a round ball, and roll out into a pizza crust shape. Add your favorite pizza toppings. Bake in preheated oven for about 20 minutes, until it's golden and crispy. Enjoy!





1 comment:

  1. Yummy! I had to expand my kitchen horizons beyond baking too, but I found out the other side of the barrier was just as fun. I'm excited to see more recipes from your cooking adventures! : )

    ReplyDelete

Like what I have posted? Leave me comment! I love getting feedback.