Sunday, October 14, 2012

Autumn-ic Ice Cream Cake



Happy Autumn! This has got to be my absolute favorite cake EVER! Not only is it delicious, it is extremly fun to make. Heh, it seems as though I have a lot of favorite recipes..., I suppose, if it isn't great, why post it? Happy Baking! (Actually you don't bake this cake, you just..., assemble it, I guess.)

1 1/2 packadges oreo cookies

2 sticks butter

1 1/2 jars of hot fudge (milk chocolate it my favorite)

1 carton of ice cream (your favorite flavor, but not bubblegum or cotton candy, that won't go with the chocolate. Peanut Butter, Mint, Chocolate, Vanilla, or Cookies and Cream are perfect in this recipe)

1 cup heavy whipping cream

1/4 cup white sugar

Decoration! (I used candy corn)

To begin, you will have to separate all of the oreos, and scrape the frosting out. (You will not need the frosting, so you can throw it away, or save it for another recipe you could use it in.) Then, crush the oreos; you could use a food prossesor (which I would suggust) or put in a zip lock bag and use a rolling pin to crush.

Add two sticks of melted butter to crushed oreos, and press into a 9 x 13 cake pan. Heat hot fudge, and spread over oreo crust.

Remove ice cream from carton and cut it into 1 1/2" slices (depending on how thick you want the cake, you can cut it thicker or thinner, just make sure you have enough to cover the entire cake) place it all over the hot fudge, and use a knife to connect them. (Connect them by spreading the ice cream together, if you didn't understand, it was poorly worded.)

Put the cake in the freezer while you make the whipped cream. Place cream and sugar in a bowl, and beat until light and fluffy. Remove cake from freezer, and spread the whipped cream over it. Add decorations and freeze for a few hours to harden everything.

Remove from freezer 15 minutes before serving. (It would be logical to freeze the whipped cream before adding decorations, but not so long that you cannot add them. My candy corn kind of sunk :( )



No comments:

Post a Comment

Like what I have posted? Leave me comment! I love getting feedback.