Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Mint Fudge!


Since the Christmas season has begun, it seems fitting to post one of my favorite holiday treats, Mint Fudge. I used to only eat fudge once a year at my grandma's house, until I decided to try and make it on my own. This is a deliciously easy recipe, I hope you enjoy it!

2 Cups Milk Chocolate

1 Cup Semi-Sweet Chocolate


1 14 oz Can of Sweetened Condensed Milk

Dash of Salt

1/2 tsp Mint Extract

1/4 Cup Crushed Peppermint Candy (candy canes work well)

  1. In heavy saucepan, over low heat, melt chips with sweetened condensed and salt. Remove from heat; stir in peppermint extract. Spread evenly into waxed paper-lined 8-or 9-inch square pan. Sprinkle with peppermint candy. (I didn't have any peppermint candy at the time, that it why there isn't any in the picture)
  2. Chill 2 hours or until firm. Turn fudge onto cutting board; peel off waxed paper and cut into squares. Store covered in refrigerator.
         Note: Make sure you trim the waxed paper so it only covers the bottom of your pan. If you don't trim it, it sticks up, and your fudge will go where it is not supposed to. I got this recipe from allrecipes.com. They have lots of great yummy recipes there.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Like what I have posted? Leave me comment! I love getting feedback.