Sunday, July 14, 2013

Peanut Butter Brownie Bars



Imagine an ooey gooey brownie. Now imagine that combined with a crisp peanut butter cookie crust. Yep, that's what I have created here. By combining two of my favorite recipes, I have created the ultimate brownie bar! Woohoo for experimentation!

I have grown tired of regular traditional desserts with the fancy frosting and perfect edges. Sometimes you just need to make a mess, while baking it and eating it. I can guarentee that you will be covered in chocolate and peanut butter by the time you finish with these. I know I was!


Peanut Butter Cookie Crust:

Ingredients:

1 cup (or 4 sticks) butter

1 cup crunchy peanut butter

1 cup white sugar

1 cup brown sugar

2 eggs

2 ½ cups white flour

1 tsp baking powder

½ tsp salt

1 1/2 tsp baking soda

Brownies:

2 sticks butter

2 cups sugar

4 eggs

1 tsp vanilla

3/4 cup cocoa

1 cup white flour

½ tsp baking powder


½  tsp salt


Directions:

To begin making peanut butter cookie crust:

1.      Cream together in a large mixing bowl butter, peanut butter, white and brown sugar. Beat in eggs.

2.      In a separate bowl, sift together flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Stir into batter. Put batter in refrigerator for 1 hour.

3.      While the crust is in chilling, preheat oven to 350° F, and begin making the brownies. Grease baking pan. In a microwave safe bowl, melt butter.

4.      Whip together melted butter, sugar, eggs, vanilla.

5.      Add cocoa, flour, baking powder, and salt, and mix until fully combined.

6.      Flatten cookie crust on a 9x13” pan, and pour brownie batter over crust.

7.      Bake for 35-40 minutes, or until edges are golden and pull away from the sides of the pan.

8.      Cool for 15 minutes, and enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Like what I have posted? Leave me comment! I love getting feedback.