Imagine an ooey gooey brownie. Now imagine that combined with a crisp peanut butter cookie crust. Yep, that's what I have created here. By combining two of my favorite recipes, I have created the ultimate brownie bar! Woohoo for experimentation!
I have grown tired of regular traditional desserts with the fancy frosting and perfect edges. Sometimes you just need to make a mess, while baking it and eating it. I can guarentee that you will be covered in chocolate and peanut butter by the time you finish with these. I know I was!
2 sticks butter
2 cups sugar
1 tsp vanilla
3/4 cup cocoa
1 cup white flour
½ tsp baking powder
½ tsp salt
To begin making peanut butter cookie crust:
3. While the crust is in chilling, preheat oven to 350° F, and begin making the brownies. Grease baking pan. In a microwave safe bowl, melt butter.
4. Whip together melted butter, sugar, eggs, vanilla.
5. Add cocoa, flour, baking powder, and salt, and mix until fully combined.
6. Flatten cookie crust on a 9x13” pan, and pour brownie batter over crust.
7. Bake for 35-40 minutes, or until edges are golden and pull away from the sides of the pan.
8. Cool for 15 minutes, and enjoy!