Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Sugar Free Iced Coffee


With summer slowly coming to an end, all the summery recipes are disappearing, being replaced by autumn pumpkin ones. There's still room for another summer recipe, right? One I probably should have posted long ago, long ago when I still had whipped cream for a garnish. Although it's nothing like a Starbucks Frappuccino with the perfectly blended ice and swirly chocolate, it still is pretty good for something just made at home. It doesn't even have to be sugar free, it certainly tastes better with real sugar.
One key to having a successful iced coffee, however, is freezing the coffee in ice cube trays, instead of just using regular ice cubes. This way, it doesn't so watered down.


Sugar Free Iced Coffee:

Time:
Prep: 1.5 min
Ready In: 1.5 min

Yield: 1 serving

Ingredients:

8-10 coffee ice cubes, depending on the size

1 cup milk

1-2 tsp Splenda or Confectioners' Sugar (don't use granulated sugar, it won't dissolve in cold beverages)

A splash of vanilla or mint extract

Directions:

Blend ice cubes together. Add milk, Splenda, and vanilla and/or mint extract. Pour into a large glass, and enjoy. Garnish with whipped cream and/or Hershey's syrup.


2 comments:

  1. So,I just about read through your entire blog this morning. I love it! I'm going to make the Scottish Baps today! Anyways, thought I should tell you I really enjoy your blog. Hope you are doing well, keep sharing! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you liked it! I will be trying to post every Thursday. :)

      Delete

Like what I have posted? Leave me comment! I love getting feedback.