Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Trader Joe's Chocolate Chip Coconut Cookie Copy-Cat Recipe (Original Recipe)


Ever since I tasted Trader Joe's chocolate chip coconut mini cookies, I have been curious about the recipe. They are extremely addictive, so naturally I wanted to be able to replicate them in my kitchen. I modified a classic chocolate chip cookie recipe, and believe that it is pretty close to the Trader Joe's version.



Trader Joe's Chocolate Chip Coconut Cookie Copy-Cat Recipe:

Oven: 350°

Ingredients:

3 sticks butter softened

1/2 cup margarine softened

3 1/2 cups white sugar

5 eggs

2 tsp vanilla 

4 cups white flour

2 tsp salt

2 tsp baking soda

1 cup coconut flakes 

2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips

Directions:

Spray baking sheets with cooking spray (although I don't usually spray pans when making cookies, with the extra egg, I found that my cookies stuck to the pan without cooking spray). Beat butter, margarine, white sugar, eggs, and vanilla in a large mixing bowl. Add flour, salt, baking soda, coconut flakes, and chocolate chips. Stir until smooth. Put on prepared baking sheets. Bake for 10-15 until golden. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Like what I have posted? Leave me comment! I love getting feedback.