Thursday, October 10, 2013

Easy Egg Dish Recipe



Whenever I hear the word "Egg dish" I automatically think of the Swedish Chef from The Muppet's Show. I can't help but picture him chasing after the poor chicken.

This recipe is one with no exact amounts (meaning that my mom dictated "about" how much of the ingredients to put in). I will try to write out exact measurements, but use your best judgement on how much is in your pan.



Easy Egg Dish Recipe:

Ingredients:

1/2 - 1 loaf of bread

12-14 eggs

1-2 cups grated cheddar cheese (the cheesier the better!)

1 cup ham, chopped into small pieces

2 cups milk

salt

pepper

Directions:

Cube bread, and place in a sprayed 9 by 13" pan. Bread should cover the entire pan, 2-3 cubes high. Whisk eggs, salt and pepper together, and pour evenly over bread. Pour milk evenly over the bread and egg mixture, and gently stir it in with a fork. Sprinkle with cheese and ham pieces. Bake at 350 for 50-60 minutes.

Here is the clip of the Swedish Chef and his egg/chicky dish: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RhRkAzaDuyg


No comments:

Post a Comment

Like what I have posted? Leave me comment! I love getting feedback.