Thursday, October 3, 2013

Easy Microwave Chocolate Pudding



I just had the terrible realization that I have not yet posted a pudding recipe (the horror!). To rectify that situation, here is a super easy and quick microwaveable pudding recipe. Since I have never particularly enjoyed cooking from mixes (it seems to easy), I have slaved over the steamy stove to make pudding which usually ends in disaster. However, after coming across this amazing recipe, I shall never have to make pudding over a hot burner again (unless of course, I do not have access to a microwave). 

This came one of those great cooking websites where it adapts the recipe depending on how many servings you want. I tend to enjoy having a lot of pudding on hand, so this serves 10. Also, I should add, that it is a very dark chocolaty, so if you are not a fan of dark tasting food, go easy on the cocoa. Enjoy!



Easy Microwave Chocolate Pudding:

Yield: 10 servings

1 1/4 cup white sugar

3/4 cup + 1 TBS + 1 tsp unsweetened cocoa powder

1/3 cup + 2 TBS cornstarch

5 cups milk

1 TBS + 2 tsp vanilla extract

Directions:

In a microwave safe bowl, whisk together the dry ingredients. Whisk in milk and vanilla, a little at a time so it does not get lumpy. 

Place in microwave, and cook for 3 minutes on high. Stir, and repeat process in 1 minute increments, stirring after each time, until the pudding is smooth and glossy (it will probably take 2-4 minutes). 

Place a piece of plastic wrap on the surface of the pudding, to prevent a skin from forming, and chill, and serve cold.

Note: Whipped cream makes a nice garnish, unfortunately I did not have any when the picture was taken. I got this recipe from http://allrecipes.com/recipe/hasty-chocolate-pudding/?scale=10&ismetric=0

Next weeks post will be Egg Dish! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Like what I have posted? Leave me comment! I love getting feedback.