Thursday, October 17, 2013

Healthy No-bake Dark Chocolate Coconut Bars



I recently stumbled across this recipe and knew at once that I must try it. Although they are similar to most no-bake cookie recipes, these ones are supposed to be healthy. However, considering the amount of coconut oil and peanut butter in the recipe, it is easy to see that these bars are loaded with calories.

They only took about 30-60 minutes to thoroughly chill (I didn't count the amount of time), but it was a great challenge to remove them from the pan. This recipe could probably be made into cookies instead, which I will try next time to avoid unpleasant struggles with the pan.



Healthy No-bake Dark Chocolate Coconut Bars:

Ingredients:

1 cup peanut butter

1/2 cup honey

1/2 cup coconut oil

2 cups uncooked oatmeal

1 cup shredded coconut

1 1/4 cup dark chocolate chips

1 tsp vanilla extract

Directions:

Melt peanut butter, honey and coconut oil in the microwave for about 1 1/2-2 minutes. Add chocolate chips and vanilla, and mix well until chocolate is melted. Stir in oats and coconut. Pour into a 9x13 pan, and cool in fridge. When it is thoroughly chilled, cut bars and enjoy. Store in fridge.

Note: Coconut oil can be difficult to find, but I obtained mine at Trader Joes. I got this recipe from "http://www.ihearexercisewillkillyou.com/2013/02/the-best-no-bake-bars-youll-ever-eat.html"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Like what I have posted? Leave me comment! I love getting feedback.