Thursday, November 7, 2013

Healthy Whole Wheat Spiced Banana Oat Muffins


I recently came across a recipe for pumpkin banana muffins. However, I had no pumpkin, so I just made spiced oat banana muffins instead. I was not quite sure what the result would be, but they turned out very tasty and moist. 

I've made these twice now, and the second time I even added a little whole wheat flour. It is a good idea to add a little butter or peanut butter, as they can be a bit dry without it. 



Healthy Whole Wheat Spiced Banana Oat Muffins:

Yield: About 20 muffins

Ingredients:
2 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 cup brown sugar, packed
1 cup oatmeal
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
½ teaspoon salt
4 bananas, mashed
1/4 cup coconut oil
2 eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla

Directions:

 Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray muffin tins with baking spray or line with cupcake  liners. Set aside.

 In a large bowl, whisk together the flours, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, salt, oat meal, cinnamon, and pumpkin pie spice.

In a separate bowl, whisk the bananas, coconut oil, eggs and vanilla, until well-blended.
Add banana mixture to flour mixture, gently folding until combined.

Drop about 1/3 cup batter into prepared muffin cups. Bake for 13 to 15 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean.

Note: I got the original recipe (not my adapted version) from "http://www.simmworksfamily.com/2013/09/pumpkin-banana-muffins.html"
If recipe is too dry (before baking) add a little bit of half and half. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Like what I have posted? Leave me comment! I love getting feedback.