Friday, November 1, 2013

Quick and Easy Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Oatmeal


I'm back! So sorry for the delay in posting. I was gone all day yesterday, and did not (unfortunately) have a chance to bake anything. I know this is not the soup recipe that I promised to do, but I am still trying to decide what kind to make... perhaps I shall try potato or chicken wild rice. I will create a new poll for you to decide.

Since something warm and yummy might be nice for these chilly temperatures, here is a delicious oatmeal recipe.Lately I have been experimenting with oatmeal. Hot breakfasts seem much more appealing due to the fact that it is almost winter. I have gotten tired of plain oatmeal, and even my cinnamon vanilla oatmeal seems to be becoming rather bland after eating it everyday (I will eventually post that recipe, too). However, a new idea struck me! Since peanut butter and chocolate go good together, why wouldn't it taste good with oatmeal, as well? Feeling a bit nervous at first, I created this new recipe. Even though it is oatmeal, and oatmeal is healthy, I'm pretty sure that the health benefits are canceled out by the chocolaty goodness.
Although it does not really compare to Reese's Peanut Buttercups, it still beats plain oatmeal.



Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Oatmeal:

Yield: 1 serving

Time:
Prep: 1.5 min
Cook: 1.5 min
Ready In: 3 min

Ingredients:

1/2 cup instant oatmeal

1/2 cup water

1 TBSP peanut butter

1 TBSP chocolate chips (I just used a small handful)

2 tsp white sugar (Splenda is also fine)

Splash of vanilla

1/2 cup milk (I used coconut milk)

Directions:

In a microwave safe bowl, mix oatmeal and water. Microwave for 60-90 seconds (until oats have expanded). Mix in peanut butter, chocolate chips, and sugar. Add milk and vanilla, enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Like what I have posted? Leave me comment! I love getting feedback.