Thursday, December 5, 2013

Healthy Gluten-free Peanut Butter Chocolate Cake



Quite by accident I stumbled across this recipe, and as I had all the ingredients on hand, I decided to give it a try. I have never made a sugar-free gluten-free dessert before, but it was actually very delicious. I expected it to be like a chocolate oatmeal bake, but although it lacked the cakey texture, it still held together well and was a yummy healthy dessert.

There is not a very large window between "still uncooked" and "scorched" with this cake. The first time I baked this it was a little doughy coming out of the oven, but it turned out perfectly the second time (the reason it may not look to perfection in the photo was because I neglected to spray the pan...oops!). Happy Thursday!


Healthy Gluten-Free Peanut Butter Chocolate Cake:

Ingredients:

1/2 cup rolled oats

1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce

1/4 cup milk (I used coconut milk)

1 stevia packet

1-2 TBSP peanut butter

1 TBSP dark cocoa powder

1/4 tsp vanilla

1/8 tsp salt

Optional: 1-2 TBSP dark chocolate chips

Directions:

Preheat oven to 380 degrees F. Mix all ingredients together, and pour into a greased 1 cup ramekin (I just used a little pan that was in my cupboard). Cook for 20 minutes until firm. Heat oven to high broil for 3 minutes until top gets crispy. Enjoy!

Note: I got this recipe from "http://chocolatecoveredkatie.com/2012/07/26/reeses-peanut-butter-cup-baked-oatmeal/"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Like what I have posted? Leave me comment! I love getting feedback.