Monday, December 16, 2013

Healthy Sugar-free Strawberry Smoothie


I am nearly on Christmas vacation, and with that extra time, I have been craving strawberry smoothies. After acquiring all the ingredients, I figured out a yummy combination. Although it's nearing Christmas time and this is not exactly a festive recipe, it is absolutely delicious, even more so with some added whipped cream. 

This recipe only takes a couple minutes to make, and I would suggest using frozen strawberries. However regular (non frozen) strawberries can be used (just add some ice). I used plain greek yogurt, but vanilla yogurt is a yummy substitute (the stevia packet would not be required if using pre-sweetened yogurt). Have a fantastic Monday!


Healthy Sugar-Free Strawberry Smoothie

Time:
Prep: 5 min
Ready In: 5 min

Yield: 1 large smoothie

Ingredients:

8-10 frozen strawberries

2/3 cup milk (I use unsweetened coconut milk)

1/2 cup yogurt

1 stevia packet

whipped cream (optional)

Directions:

Blend all ingredients together in a blender until smooth. Poor into a large glass and top with whipped cream. Enjoy!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Like what I have posted? Leave me comment! I love getting feedback.