Thursday, December 19, 2013

Peppermint Bark


Upon request, I have endeavored to make peppermint bark. Prior to this attempt, I had never tasted peppermint bark before. It is utterly divine! Nearly all of it disappeared upon removing it from the fridge. Beware, if you absolutely love mint (like me), it is extremely hard to resist.



 It took around 45 minutes (including chilling time), but I spread it very thin so it hardened fast. The milk chocolate is optional, the original recipe did not have any; it was one of my modifications, but it makes the bark thicker and richer. Have a fantastic Thursday!


Peppermint Bark:

Ingredients:

2 cups milk chocolate chips

2 cups white chocolate chips

1/2 teaspoon peppermint extract

8 crushed candy canes

Directions:

In a microwave safe bowl, melt the milk chocolate on high for 1 minute, microwaving additional 30 second increments until melted. Place a sheet of parchment paper on a cookie sheet, and pour the melted chocolate onto it. Place in refrigerator until hardened. Meanwhile, crush candy canes in a food processor, or place in a zip lock bag and crush with either a hammer or rolling pin (I've tried it both ways, the hammer is fast and easier). Melt white chocolate in microwave safe bowl on high for 1 minutes, microwaving addition 30 second increments until melted. Mix in half the crushed candy canes and mint extract. Pour the white chocolate peppermint mixture over the hardened milk chocolate, and sprinkle with additional candy canes. Replace in fridge, and let sit for around 10-15 minutes until solid. Enjoy!

Note: Thanks AV for the wonderful recipe, it was enjoyed!

1 comment:

  1. Ooh, that looks even better with milk chocolate. I'll have to try that next time! :D

    ReplyDelete

Like what I have posted? Leave me comment! I love getting feedback.