Thursday, December 12, 2013

Peppermint Fudge


Christmas is my favorite time of year, partly because of all the yummy seasonal treats. Considering I have already posted minty puppy chow, I figured I would make the next greatest thing, mint fudge! It only took a couple minutes to make, and I set it out in the snow for 1/2 an hour, and it hardened super fast. 

The candy canes can be rather difficult to crush (you might be able to buy pre-crushed candy canes, but I have never looked), so I would suggest smashing them with a rolling pin. In my experience, mini candy canes are easier to crush than full sized ones. Have a fantastic Thursday! 


Peppermint Fudge:

Ingredients:

2 cups milk chocolate chips

1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips

1 14 oz can sweetened condensed milk

pinch of salt

2 crushed candy canes

1 tsp peppermint extract (optional)

Directions:

Melt chocolate and sweetened condensed milk in a heavy saucepan or in a microwave (be careful that not to scorch it). Pour into an 8x8" pan, and sprinkle with crushed candy canes. Refrigerate for 2 hours, enjoy! 

Note: I don't remember where I got the recipe, but I posted something similar to it a year or two ago. 

1 comment:

Like what I have posted? Leave me comment! I love getting feedback.