Monday, December 9, 2013

Peppermint Puppy Chow



Puppy chow (also know as Muddy Buddies) is most certainly one of my all time favorite holiday desserts. A bonus, is that it only takes a couple minutes to make.  I have already posted the classic peanut butter puppy chow recipe, but this minty one seems a bit more Christmasy.

I was delighted upon discovering this recipe, as I am a huge mint lover! I literally put mint into everything chocolatey around Christmas. Apparently, the rest of my family also like mint, considering I barely snagged this picture before they completely demolished this dessert.

This recipe takes only about ten minutes to make, and I would suggest allowing it a little extra time to harden. Have a fantastic Monday!


Peppermin Puppy Chow:

Ingredients:

1 1/2 cups milk chocolate chips

1 1/2 teaspoons mint extract

7 cups corn or rice chex

1 1/2 cups powdered sugar

1 cup Andes mints or white chocolate mint M&Ms

Directions:

Place chocolate chips in a microwave safe bowl, microwave on high for 1 minute. Stir, and microwave for an additional 30 seconds until fully melted. Mix in mint extract.

Place chex in a large bowl, and pour chocolate mint combination of chex. Being verg gentle, mix in powdered sugar, and Andes mints. Enjoy!

Note: I got this recipe from "http://apumpkinandaprincess.com/2013/12/peppermint-muddy-buddies.html?crlt.pid=camp.R4ntTFYZl9fl"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Like what I have posted? Leave me comment! I love getting feedback.