Thursday, January 9, 2014

Coconut Cream Cheese Sheet Cake


Yesterday for a tea party I made a coconut cream cake, and it was divine. Words can barely describe the party in my mouth. I love coconut. Not quite as much as mint or chocolate, but it's still one of my top favorite foods. Good thing I'm not in charge of writing a cookbook! I would most likely fill it with chocolate, coconut, and mint recipes. Not that it would be bad to do so, but no one would probably read it. Except of course, myself.


Speaking of coconut, I have an exciting new recipe I want to blog. I've made it before, they're called Lamingtons. The cookbook in which they are found described them as an Australian cupcake. Good job Australia! You make fantastic cakes. Basically it is a plain white cake, smothered in chocolate, and rolled in coconut. YUM! That will hopefully be a future post if I can find where I left the cookbook containing it.

I think I got a little side-tracked there. Coconut will do that to you! Hmm... is there anything left to say on the subject of coconut and cake? Those to incredible combinations... Perhaps next time I will choclify the cake. (Yes I just made up a new word, it's definition is: to turn something ordinarily, not chocolate, and change it into chocolateness! Woohoo, another new word!)

Warning: This recipe makes a very rich decadent cake. If you do not enjoy rich decadent deliciousness, you may want to avoid attempting this recipe. Or make it anyway. Cakes are fun, especially those dealing with coconut.


Cake Recipe:

Ingredients: 

1 cup butter (2 sticks), softened

6 oz cream cheese, softened

6 eggs

2 cups sugar

1 teaspoon vanilla extract

2 1/4 cup flour

1/4 cup coconut milk (optional)

Frosting:

1/2 cup butter (1 stick), softened

8 oz cream cheese, softened

1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract

3 cups powdered sugar

1 cup shredded coconut

Directions:

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.

Prepare a 9x13 pan with nonstick cooking spray.

Cream together butter, cream cheese, and sugar.Beat eggs in one at a time, add vanilla and mix in flour. Spread batter into prepared pan.

Bake for 35-40 minutes, or until a wooden pick comes out clean. Cool fully before frosting.

Frosting:

Beat together butter, cheese, vanilla, and sugar. Mix in shredded coconut. Spread frosting over cooled cake. Enjoy!

Note: I got this recipe from: http://www.justapinch.com/recipes/dessert/cake/coconut-cream-cheese-sheet-cake.html?fb_action_ids=641107119278933&fb_action_types=og.likes&fb_source=other_multiline&action_object_map=%5B362248863894503%5D&action_type_map=%5B%22og.likes%22%5D&action_ref_map=%5B%5D






No comments:

Post a Comment

Like what I have posted? Leave me comment! I love getting feedback.