Monday, January 20, 2014

Easy Garlic Bread Recipe


My latest experiments have been on garlic bread. Not the Texas Toast that can be found in the frozen food section of most grocery stores, nor the pre-baked cheesy garlic bread in the bakery section. This is a real homemade delicious garlicky substance that is fantastic topped with mozzarella cheese and fresh ripe tomatoes.

If you have been reading my blog, you probably have noticed a lot of gluten-free recipes. That is because for the last several weeks, I have been totally gluten-free. It's been nice, I have a lot more energy. However, I can only go without the taste of bread for so long. I needed something yummy, preferable fried. So I postponed my new way of eating for a day, to finally satisfy that nagging craving. 

Since I am only going a day without wheat, I wanted to make it spectacular. At first I wanted to try a recipe that I had tried in Italy almost four years ago. However, it is nearly impossible to replicate a recipe you only had once, especially in the dead of winter without limitless fresh organic ingredients. I had to make do with my day-old bread, garlic powder, and store bought cherry tomatoes. 

I'm sure that this recipe can be made with gluten-free bread, though I have never tried gluten-free bread and am not entirely sure if there is such a thing. There probably is. Be sure not to season with too salt and garlic. You make like powerful flavors, but a little garlic goes a looooooooooong way. Have a fantastic Monday!! :)


Heat a small greased pan over medium heat.



Coat bread in olive oil.


Season with salt and garlic powder.


Place in pan, fry until bottom is golden, flip, and fry other side until golden and crispy. Top with mozzarella cheese, and/or tomatoes. Enjoy!



Easy Garlic Bread:

Yield: 1 serving

Ingredients:

1 slice French bread (the fresher, the better)

2 tablespoon olive oil

sprinkle of garlic powder

pinch of salt

fresh mozzarella cheese (optional)

fresh tomatoes (optional)

Directions:

Heat a small greased pan over medium heat. Coat both sides of bread in olive oil, and sprinkle with salt and garlic powder. (Only one side of the bread needs to be seasoned.) Place in pan, and fry until both sides are golden. Remove from heat, and top with fresh mozzarella cheese, and/or tomatoes. Enjoy!

Note: In the first picture, that is a tree in the reflection of the coffee.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Like what I have posted? Leave me comment! I love getting feedback.