Thursday, January 30, 2014

Gluten-Free Banana Oatmeal Muffins


I think I have just discovered the greatest banana muffin recipe, ever. A bonus, it's gluten-free! It's usually pretty hard to find muffins this moist and tasty. I always tend to end up with dry hard little rocks that end up sitting on the counter forever, uneaten (unless they're chocolate). Truthfully, I was a bit skeptical at first. No flour, just oats, and honey to replace sugar? Hmmm... sounds a bit fishy. However, despite the slight difference in texture and added moistness, they are just like regular delicious banana muffins.


I think I shall eventually alter this recipe. Perhaps exchange the bananas for applesauce, through in some cocoa and mini chips instead of chunks.... or maybe I'll go with pecans. Nuts and bananas have always been friends.


Make sure that the oats and flaxseed get all the way ground up. If they're not, obviously your muffins will be grainier. The muffins are rather tiny entering and exiting the oven, so fill the pan slightly fuller than you would otherwise with regular muffins. Have a fantastic Monday!


Gluten-Free Banana Oatmeal Muffins:

Ingredients:

2 1/2 cups ground up oatmeal (this can be easily be done in a food processor)

1 cup plain Greek yogurt

1/2 cup honey

2 eggs

2 teaspoons baking powder

1 teaspoon baking soda

2 tablespoons ground up flax seed (done the same way as the oats)

1 teaspoon vanilla

2 ripe mashed bananas

1 cup chocolate chunks (optional, but recommended)

Directions:

Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Prepare to 2 12 muffin tins by lining them with foil liners (I was out) and greasing those with cooking spray. Set aside.

Mix dry ingredients together. Set aside. Whisk eggs into yogurt. Mix in honey, bananas, and vanilla. Gently fold wet ingredients into dry mixture. Stir in chocolate chunks. Do not over mix.

Spoon batter into prepared pans. Bake for about 15 minutes, or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean, they are golden brown, and the edges are pulling away from the sides of the pan.

Note: I got this recipe from: http://yeswecoupon.com/no-flour-no-sugar-banana-oatmeal-muffins-recipe/


No comments:

Post a Comment

Like what I have posted? Leave me comment! I love getting feedback.