Thursday, January 23, 2014

Gluten-Free Chocolate No-Bake Cookies


I'm not sure what is so appealing about oatmeal and chocolate together... well, some people don't find it appealing, but I love it. Especially if the sugar is crystallized with the butter. Sometimes, I would prefer one of these, to a freshly baked chocolate chip cookie. Of course not always, but sometimes.

It seems surprising that I have waited so long to post this recipe. I have been making it with success for several years now. They pretty much always turn out well. I guess it is not too hard to mess up on something as simple as a no-bake cookie. Unless of course you attempt to modify the recipe in order to make just a tiny one-serving batch. Yup, that's what I did a couple days ago. It turned into chocolate oatmeal.

Sorry for the delay on posting! Wow. I don't think I have ever posted this late. New record! This recipe can be made in a saucepan if you don't have a microwave, or do not enjoy cooking with one. Just make sure that the mixture boils for at least a minute. Have a fantastic rest of your Thursday!


Yield: About 12-18 cookies

Ingredients

2 cups sugar

1 stick butter

1/2 cup milk

4 tablespoons cocoa

1 cup peanut butter

1 teaspoon vanilla

3 cups oatmeal

waxed paper

Directions:

Mix sugar, butter, milk, and cocoa in a large microwave safe bowl. Microwave for 4 minutes and 30 seconds, or until it has boiled for about a minutes (mixture will be very bubbly). Add peanut butter, vanilla and oats. Spoon onto waxed paper, and allow to harden for 30 minutes.

Note: If you have peanut allergies, peanut butter may be left out. Cookies will taste slightly more sugary, and will be harder. I got this recipe from: "http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/chocolate-peanut-butter-no-bake-cookies-recipe.html"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Like what I have posted? Leave me comment! I love getting feedback.