Monday, January 13, 2014

Gluten-Free Crispy Cheesy Baked Chicken



Over the weekend I journeyed up north to visit my grandparents. One evening for dinner, my grandma made a delightful chicken, and upon request, allowed me to copy it the recipe. Good thing, too, I was completely drawing a blank on what to post today.

I am not often too crazy about consuming chicken. Usually it's dry and bland, lacking in moisture as well as flavor. I mostly avoid that kind of meat unless it is battered and fried. However, this recipe defied all of my expectations. It was the total opposite of most chickens I have tasted. Now that I know how fantastic chicken can be, perhaps it will make more appearances in future recipes. I have a very intriguing lemon garlic chicken recipe that I have been wanting to try. By the way, so sorry this recipe is being posted so late, and have a fantastic Monday!


Gluten-Free Crispy Cheesy Baked Chicken:

Ingredients:

4 chicken breasts, each sliced into 2 pieces

1 cup crushed gluten-free multi-grain crackers, crushed

1/4 teaspoon salt

1/8 teaspoon pepper

1 1/2 cups cheddar cheese

1 teaspoon dried parsley

Directions:

Put milk, cheese, and cracker crumbs in separate bowls. Mix salt and pepper with crackers. Dip chicken in milk, roll in cheese, followed by cracker crumbs.

Place in a 9x13 greased pan. Sprinkle with parsley. Cover with foil, and bake for 35 minutes. Remove foil, and bake an addition 10-15 minutes until chicken is golden and crispy.

Sauce:

Ingredients:

1 10 oz can gluten-free cream of chicken soup

2 tablespoons sour cream

2 tablespoons butter

Directions:

Combine and heat until hot. Serve over chicken.

Note: Gluten-free crackers can be replaced with Ritz cracker if desired. Look forward to seeing gluten-free granola bars as Thursday's recipe!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Like what I have posted? Leave me comment! I love getting feedback.