Monday, January 27, 2014

Honey Balsamic Vinegar Chicken



There appears to be a recurring theme of chicken. That's okay, I like chicken. Perhaps I'll try a steak next time, though. As usual, I discovered this recipe on Pinterest, and simply had to give it a try. I was a bit weary from my day of studying, and may have left out an ingredient. Specifically, the honey. Ooops. It was still good though. Probably better with rice, as opposed to boxed scalloped potatoes.

The recipe takes a bit of preparation. It has to marinate in the fridge for 30 minutes, and took me around 45 minutes to cook it all. Whew! Make it with stir-fry! That would be quite tasty!


Honey Balsamic Vinegar Chicken:

Ingredients: 

2 medium (1.5 lbs) chicken breasts

1/4 cup balsamic vinegar

1 clove garlic

2 tablespoons olive oil (divided)

1 tablespoon butter

2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar

3 tablespoons honey

Directions:

Slice the chicken into long slices. Place in a large zip-lock bag with 1/4 cup vinegar, garlic, and 1 tablespoon olive oil. Allow to marinate in the fridge for 30 minutes.

 Heat 1 tablespoon of oil in a medium frying pan. Add marinated chicken, and cook for 3-4 minutes on each side until golden. Remove from pan.

Add the butter, vinegar, and honey to empty (probably rather dirty) pan. Stir until thickened. Add the chicken back into the honey sauce, and toss until evenly coated. Serve immediately.

Note: I got this recipe from: http://www.kissrecipe.com/2013/08/honey-balsamic-chicken-tenders.html




No comments:

Post a Comment

Like what I have posted? Leave me comment! I love getting feedback.