Thursday, February 20, 2014

Crispy Baked French Fries



For some reason whenever I would attempt to make homemade french fries they would always end up like a thinly sliced baked potato. No necessarily bad, but not what you exactly want to taste. After doing little research, looking up various French fry recipes, I noticed that they all said the same thing. You must let the sliced potatoes sit in a bowl of ice cold water for about an hour before baking. That allows some of the starch to seep into the water making them more crisp once baked.

I was very excited. I had hoped that perhaps finally I would succeed in making the perfect French fry! With that in mind, I made a batch that actually worked!! I had mine cut pretty thick, but noticed that the thinner they are, the crispier. I am very glad to have learned the secret to making fantastic French fries, and shall be trying them again soon. Enjoy!


Crispy Baked French Fries:

Time:
Prep: 30 min
Chill: 60 min
Cook: 60 min
Ready In: 150 min

Yield: About 5-6 servings

Oven: 375 degrees F

Ingredients:

7 medium potatoes

4 tablespoon olive oil

salt

pepper

onion powder

(additional spices if desired)

Directions: 

Wash potatoes, and slice into long pieces. (The skin of the potato can be removed if desired). Place potato slices in a bowl of ice cold water for 60 minutes. Remove from water and pat dry. Place on a cookie sheet, drizzle with oil, and sprinkle with spices. Bake for about 60 minutes until crispy. Enjoy!

Note: The original recipe without any modifications can be found here: http://sweetcsdesigns.com/recipe-crunchy-baked-fries/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Like what I have posted? Leave me comment! I love getting feedback.