Monday, February 17, 2014

Honey Vanilla Spiced Warm Milk (Hunger Games Inspired Recipe)



Halfway through reading Catching Fire (by Suzanne Collins) I received inspiration for a new recipe. When Katniss was given a glass of warm milk flavored with honey and spices I immediately threw down my book, and ran to the kitchen to try it. The first attemt was far from ideal, but after refining the amounts, and adding some vanilla, it reached perfection.


Obviously in my opinion it tastes better with coconut milk becuase that is much thicker and creamier, and if that coconut milk happens to be sweetened. (Unsweetened coconut milk is fine, too.) The spices don't exactly mix in extremely well, so just sprinkle them on top. If you try to mix them in with the milk, they will clump together, and that is rather unpleasent.


Honey Vanilla Spiced Warm Milk:

Yield: 1 serving

Time:
Prep: 1.5 min
Cook: 1 min
Ready In: 2.5 min

Ingredients:

1/2 cup coconut milk (regular milk will work, as well)

1 teaspoon honey

splash of vanilla

sprinkle of cinnamon

sprinkle on nutmeg

Directions

Microwave milk on high for 1 minute. Continue to microwave it in 15 second increments until desired temperature is reached. Mix in honey and vanilla, and sprinkle with cinnamon and nutmeg. Enjoy!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Like what I have posted? Leave me comment! I love getting feedback.