Monday, March 10, 2014

Blueberry Cinnamon Oatmeal


It seems like a always forgo breakfast for some reason... perhaps it's because there is not much I enjoy consuming in the morning. However, I have had a hankering for a really good bowl of oatmeal today. I've made it a couple of times before, but today I perfected the already fantastic recipe, and ended up with this.


Blueberries and cinnamon have always been a favorite of mine, and this oatmeal basically tastes like a giant blueberry muffin in a bowl. Now that winter is hopefully coming to an end, I wanted to make more *springy* recipes, and take advantage of the sunshine present before it disappears. 


Hopefully my dark winter recipes will decline in number, and shall begin making use of all the fresh fruits in my fridge. I can see myself making this oatmeal a lot more!


Blueberry Cinnamon Oatmeal:

Yield: 1 serving

Time:
Prep: 1.5 minutes
Cook: 1.5 minutes
Read in: 3 minutes

Ingredients:

1/2 cup rolled oats

1/8 teaspoon cinnamon

splash of vanilla

1/2 cup water

1/4 cup fresh blueberries

1/2 cup milk

1 tablespoon brown sugar

Directions:

Combine oats and cinnamon in a microwave safe bowl. Add vanilla to water, and pour over oats. Microwave for 1 minutes 30 seconds. 

Remove from microwave, and pour milk over oats. Top with brown sugar and blueberries. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Like what I have posted? Leave me comment! I love getting feedback.