Thursday, March 27, 2014

Chocolate Chunk Scones



Scones seem to have become a common theme on my blog... But who doesn't like a good scone recipe, especially one filled with gooey chocolate chunks?

I made these a couple days ago, and they only took ten minutes to prepare. I had ten minutes to make something before an online class, naturally, I opted for scones. I hurriedly threw everything into the mixture, rolled out the dough, and cut pretty triangles. (I didn't actually throw anything, and I mixed everything according to the directions, just more quickly than usual.) If you need a quick and easy, but elegant dessert, this is what to make.

So far, I think these are some of the tastier scones I have made. You can substitute the chocolate chunks for craisins, white chips, or whatever you think would taste yummy in a scone. A couple weeks ago I made strawberry ones, but used a completely different simple scone recipe (that one had eggs and yogurt). Apologies for posting so late, and I hope you enjoy!


Chocolate Chunk Scones:

Yield: About 18 scones

Oven: 400 degrees

Time:
Prep: 10 min
Bake: 10 min
Ready in: 20 min

Ingredients:

2 cups flour

1/3 cup sugar

1 teaspoon vanilla

2 teaspoons baking powder

1/2 teaspoon salt

1/2 cup butter, softened

3/4 cup heavy whipping cream

1 cup milk chocolate chunks

Directions:

Preheat oven to 400 degrees F, and line a baking sheet with greased parchment paper.

In a large mixing bowl, combine all dry ingredients except chocolate. Mix in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.

Add vanilla and heavy whipping cream until dough holds together. Add chocolate chunks, stirring until well-combined.

On a well floured surface, form two balls of dough. Roll the balls out so that it is about 1" thick. Cut out triangles. Place on prepared baking sheet, and bake until golden, about 10-12 minutes.

Note: I got this recipe from: http://www.landolakes.com/recipe/1789/petite-white-chocolate-cranberry-scones


No comments:

Post a Comment

Like what I have posted? Leave me comment! I love getting feedback.