Monday, March 24, 2014

Sugar Free Peanut Butter Cups


For some reason I have been craving peanut butter cups. Not quite enough to spend hours carefully painting the inside of a tiny muffin cup with chocolate, creating something that inevitably would be devoured upon their completion. Nor did I want to dispatch someone to go on a long trek to a grocery store. I wanted something simple that would take moments to make, but still would taste delicious.

I believe I got my wish. I nearly jumped for joy seeing this recipe. It looked so easy, and I already had everything! They were fantastic, especially for something containing no sugar, only a little honey. They were smooth, dark, with just the slightest hint of coconut. Their only problem? You have to eat fast or they will melt into a chocolately goo all over you fingers.


Fudgy Peanut Butter Cups:

Yield: About 10 large cups (or 20 mini cups)

Time:
Prep: 5 min
Freeze: 10 min
Ready in: 15 min

Ingredients:

1/2 cup coconut oil

1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder

1/2 cup peanut butter

1/4 cup raw honey

1/2 teaspoon vanilla

Directions:

Microwave coconut oil and peanut butter in a microwave safe bowl for about 60 seconds until smooth. Combine with other ingredients, stirring until smooth.

Spoon into a muffin tin. Place in the freezer for about 10 minutes until hard. (Or 30 minutes in the fridge). Enjoy!

Note: I got the original unmodified recipe from: http://www.practicalpaleo.blogspot.com/2011/06/primal-fudge.html

2 comments:

Like what I have posted? Leave me comment! I love getting feedback.