Thursday, March 13, 2014

Gluten Free Chocolate Chip Cookies


Can there be anything more fantastic than a chocolate chip cookie? A gluten free chocolate chip cookie! Especially one containing no eggs, so that you may eat as much of the dough as you want.



I often find it difficult to find a good gluten free recipe. I used to think that nothing could replace *real* flour. However, after experimenting a bit with different kinds of gluten free flour mixes, I have found that almond flour, or rice flour, taste the best in recipes.

You can imagine my delight when I stumbled over this awesome recipe. I stared, mouth watering, at my computer screen displaying perfectly crafted chocolate chip gluten-free cookies. My delight grew even larger when I found that they used almond flour.



Yield: About 1 dozen small cookies

Time:
Prep: 15 min
Cook: 10 min
Ready in: 25 min

Ingredients:

1 3/4 cup almond flour

1/4 cup vanilla honey or (1/4 cup + 1 teaspoon vanilla)

3/4 cup chocolate chips

1/4 cup butter or coconut oil, softened

1/4 teaspoon salt

1/4 teaspoon baking soda

Directions:

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F, and line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.

Mix all ingredients together except for chocolate chips. Mix in chocolate chips.

Spoon onto prepared cookie sheet, pressing down slightly to flatten the cookie.

Bake for 6-10 minutes until they are golden on the bottom. Do not overcook. Cool for 10 minutes. Enjoy!

Note: I got this recipe from: http://www.mommypotamus.com/gaps-chocolate-cookie-bites/

2 comments:

Like what I have posted? Leave me comment! I love getting feedback.