Thursday, April 10, 2014

Stuffed Peppers


I have looked high and low for a good stuffed pepper recipe, and I believe that I have found one! I added my own personal modifications, and ended up with these beauties.



If you love peppers these will most definitely turn into your new favorite dish. However, if peppers aren't your cup of tea, the rice is perfect by itself.



I have never cooked rice in broth before. IT. WAS. AWESOME! All the yumminess of rice, except full of chicken flavor. How can I ever cook rice the same way again?



Stuffed Peppers:

Yield: 6 servings

Time:
Prep: 45 min
Cook: 20 min
Ready In: 65 min

Ingredients: 

2 1/2 cups instant brown rice, cooked

3 1/2 cups chicken broth

6 bell peppers

3/4 cup chopped onion (about 1/2 of 1 large onion)

1 1/2 tablespoons diced garlic (about 3 cloves)

1 1/2 cups cubed chicken, cooked

2 tablespoons olive oil

1/3 cup sun dried tomatos 

1/2 cup parmesan cheese, grated 

Directions:

Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Place rice and chicken broth in a large pan, and cook in the oven for about 10-15 minutes.

Meanwhile, heat olive oil over medium heat. Add onions and garlic and saute for about 2-3 minutes. Once onions and garlic are soft, add tomatoes, and chicken, cooking until everything is fully heated. Mix in cooked rice. Stir in parmesan cheese.

Cut off the tops of the peppers, and remove the core. Be sure to remove all of the seeds. Fill peppers with rice mixture, and sprinkle excess parmesan cheese on the top. 

Place peppers on a cookie sheet, and bake for about 20 minutes until peppers are soft, and the outside is golden. Enjoy!

Note: I got the original unmodified recipe from: http://www.mytaste.com/click/index/27623230/?site=thedoctorsdaughter.ca 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Like what I have posted? Leave me comment! I love getting feedback.