Thursday, April 24, 2014

Super Quick and Easy Stir Fry


 I used to hate stir fry. Something about combination fried vegetables mixed in with rice and soy sauce was detestable when I was little. I especially hated broccoli. However, over the past few years I have grown to absolutely love it. Although my hatred for broccoli has not diminished, I find it tolerable in stir fry. I actually kind of like it.




As I have mentioned before, I was never very talented with frying pans. I have, however, managed to refine my skills a bit, and after some experimentation developed a modified version of my mom's stir fry recipe, one that I simply cannot stop making.


I didn't add rice in the directions of this recipe, because the veggies can be served over whatever you like. I know some people prefer noodles over brown rice, but I find rice easier to manage with chopsticks (I actually ate this with a fork...shhhh....). All I did was microwave 1/2 a cup of instant brown rice (make sure it is instant) with 2/3 cup of water for about 5-51/2 minutes. It finished cooking almost the exact some time as my vegetables. 


Super Quick and Easy Stir Fry:

Yield: 1 serving

Time:
Prep: 2 min
Cook: 3 min
Ready In: About 5 min

Ingredients:

1 cup frozen stir fry vegetables 

1/2 tablespoon soy sauce

1/2 tablespoon brown sugar

1/2 teaspoon Asian Stir Fry Spices

1/2 tablespoon sesame oil

Cooked Brown Rice

Directions:

In a small frying pan, heat sesame oil over medium high heat. Add mixed veggies, and fry until tender, about 2 minutes.

Drizzle soy sauce, and sprinkle brown sugar over softened vegetables. Continue to cook for about a minute longer. Sprinkle with Asian stir fry spices.

Remove pan from heat, and serve cooked vegetables over warm rice. Enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. Yum! Do you want to come visit and cook at my house? I am literally drooling over every recipe you posted!

    ReplyDelete

Like what I have posted? Leave me comment! I love getting feedback.