Saturday, May 3, 2014

Baked Garlic Parmesam Fries


A couple months ago I made baked French fries. Although those were fantastic by themselves, I have modified the recipe a little bit. At first I thought that these fries couldn't get any better, but that was before I added garlic and cheese.


The only downside to these, is that they take a really long time to make. However, unless you want starchy fries. they need that time to soak in cold water. I started making these about 2 and a half hours before I wanted to eat supper. Most of the time was spent soaking the sliced fries, and baking them. Welcome to the world of garlic cheesy fries! There's no turning back now.



Baked Garlic Parmesan Fries

Yield: 5-6 servings

Time:
Prep: 15 min
Chill: 60 min
Cook: 60 min
Ready In: 135

Ingredients:

4 large potatoes, peeled

2 teaspoons garlic powder

1 teaspoon salt

2 tablespoons garlic powder

2 tablespoons Parmesan cheese (the Kraft kind)

1/4 cup fresh grated Parmesan cheese

2 tablespoons parsley

Olive oil

Directions:

Slice potatoes into thin slices with a sharp knife. Place in a large bowl of ice cold water. Soak for 60 minutes.

Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Place fries on a large baking sheet greased with olive oil. Using a pastry brush, brush fries with oil. Sprinkle with garlic powder, salt, parsley, and dry Kraft Parmesan cheese. Bake for about 45-50 minutes, until crispy.

When fries are almost finished cooking, sprinkle with fresh grated Parmesan cheese, and continue to bake until cheese has melted. Remove from oven. Serve hot.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Like what I have posted? Leave me comment! I love getting feedback.