Thursday, May 8, 2014

Chocolate Marble Bundt Cake (Starbucks Copy-Cat Recipe)


I can hardly believe that throughout my 100+ posts, I have yet to make a real bundt cake. Not only have I never posted one, I have never actually baked a homemade bundt cake. Of course, I have made on from a boxed mix, but I don't think that counts.

Evidently, Starbucks has an incredible marble chocolate pound cake. After looking around for a bit, I found a marble bundt cake that appeared very similar to the one served at Starbucks.

This cake should be served warm, it doesn't have any frosting, but I'm sure vanilla ice cream or a cup of coffee would be a magnificent side. After about a day, it doesn't taste quite as good or moist, so I would suggest eating it the first day.



Chocolate Marble Bundt Cake:

Yield: 12-16 slices

Time: 
Prep: 10 min
Cook: 50 min
Ready In: 60 min

Oven: 350 degrees F

Ingredients:

2 cups granulated sugar

1 cup butter, softened

3 1/2 cups cake flour

1 cup milk

1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder

2 teaspoons vanilla extract

1/4 teaspoon salt

4 eggs

1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder

Directions:

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F, and grease a bundt cake pan.

In a large mixing bowl, beat butter and sugar together until light and fluffy. Add flour, milk, baking powder, vanilla, salt, and eggs; beat at medium speed until well combined. Increase speed to high, and beat batter 4 minutes longer.

Remove 2 1/2 cups batter into a seperate bowl. Mix in cocoa.

In the prepared cake pan, spoon in chocolate and vanilla mixture. Use a spoon to swirl the chocolate and vanilla mixture together to get the marble effect.

Bake in preheated oven for 50-60 minutes until cake has set, and an inserted toothpick comes out clean. Cool 10 minutes, and remove from pan. Serve warm.

Source: http://allrecipes.com/recipe/marble-swirl-pound-cake/


No comments:

Post a Comment

Like what I have posted? Leave me comment! I love getting feedback.