Thursday, May 15, 2014

Cookies n' Cream Cheesecake Squares



Cheesecake has been one of my favorite desserts for a very long time. With good reason, too. There are so many different flavors of cheesecake that can be made. Although I haven't attempted many yet, (I posted a peanut butter one a few months ago), this is one of the greatest cheesecakes I have tasted yet.

My brother had a party he was attending, and  required snacks. Naturally, I was appointed to make something yummy, a suggestion being cheesecake bars. Even though cheesecake bars are fantastic, in my opinion, they are rather lacking. At least, until oreos were adding to the mix. After I discovered a recipe containing crushed cookies, I couldn't resist. I had to make it!

Unfortunately, the original recipe was designed for an 8x8" pan. However, something this delicious desserves a much larger size. I have modified it to fit a 9x13" pan. Yay!



Cookies n' Cream Cheesecake:

Yield: About 20 pieces

Time:
Prep: 20 min
Cook: 50 min
Chill: 5 hours
Ready In: About 6 hours

Oven: 325 degrees F

Ingredients:

Crust:

46 oreo cookies

1 stick butter, melted

Filling:

2 8oz packages cream cheese, room temperature

1 1/3 cup granulated sugar

3 eggs

6 tablespoons sour cream

2 teaspoons vanilla

12 oreo cookies coarsly chopped

Directions:

For the Crust:

Preheat oven to 325 degrees F, and grease a glass 9x13" pan.

Crust cookies in a food processor until they are fine crumbs. Mix in melted butter, and press in the bottom of prepared pan. Bake for about 10 minutes in preheated oven hard.

For the Filling:

Beat cream cheese on medium high speed until smooth, about 2 minutes. Slowly add sugar, continuing beating until well combined.

Add eggs one at a time, beating after each addition. Scrape down the sides of bowl, and add sour cream and vanilla.

Fold in chopped oreos, and pour into prepared pan. Bake until edges are set, but center stil jiggles slightly, about 40-50 minutes.

Cool at room temperature for about 2 hours. Cover with plastic wrap, and chill for 3 hours (or up to 24 hours before serving). Store leftovers in an airtight continue in the fridge for up to one week.

Source: http://www.browneyedbaker.com/2013/01/24/oreo-cheesecake-bars/


1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

Like what I have posted? Leave me comment! I love getting feedback.