Monday, May 26, 2014

Iced Coffee Popsicles



With summer just around the corner, I figured that making popsicles was practically an order. However, since coffee is one of the best drinks in the world, I decided to make iced coffee popsicles.



A while back, coffee pops circled around on Pinterest. Unfortunately, at that time, I did not own a popscicle mold, and to my utter disappointment, was not able to make such a fantastic looking treat. Because that is now clearly not the case, I brewed up some coffee and have embarked on a popscicle making adventure. You can be certain of finding more yummy frozen treats in the near future.



One of my favorite ways to escape burning temperatures in summer, is by drinking iced coffee. However, it can be time consuming to make, as well as uneconomical to buy all the time. Iced coffee pops provide the perfect coffee kick, as well an easy snack to grab out of the freezer.



Iced Coffee Popsicles:

Yield: 8 popscicles

Time:
Prep: 5 min
Cook: 2 hours
Ready In: About 2 hours

Ingredients:

1/4 cup heavy whipping cream

1/2 cup whole milk

2 tablespoons powdered sugar

1/2 teaspoon vanilla

1 cup coffee, brewed

Directions:

Whisk together cream, milk, powdered sugar, and vanilla. Pour evenly into popsicles molds. Fill the molds the rest of the way with coffee, and freeze for about 2 hours until hard.

Note: Cook time refers to the time  the popsicles are spent in the freezer. All freezers are different, and it may take longer/shorter depending on yours.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Like what I have posted? Leave me comment! I love getting feedback.