Saturday, May 31, 2014

Garlic Alfredo Dipping Sauce



Remember those delightful bread sticks I made a couple weeks ago? They just got so much better! Although I did not alter the recipe itself, I found a garlic Alfredo dipping sauce perfectly accompanying the magical bread fingers.

Prior to discovering this recipe, I did not have a huge fondness for Alredo sauce. I associated it with Spaghetti, which I do not have a particular liking for, either. However, it takes on an entire different meaning when it's not covering long stringy slimy noodles.

After confronting my doubts head on, I began whisking and simmering ingredients together. The finished product completely blew away my expectations, perfectly complimenting the crispy garlic bread sticks. If you missed the bread stick recipe, which you should definitely make, it can be found HERE.



GARLIC ALFREDO DIPPING SAUCE:

YIELD: 16 servings

TIME: 20 min
PREP: 5 min
COOK: 15 min

INGREDIENTS:

1/2 cup butter (1 stick)

1 pint heavy whipping cream

1 teaspoon garlic powder

1/4 teaspoon salt

1/4 teaspoon black pepper

1 teaspoon fresh basil

1 cup Parmesan cheese, grated

Parsley, for garnishing (optional)

DIRECTIONS:

Melt butter in a medium saucepan. Add heavy cream and garlic powder; heat to a simmer.

Using a whisk, stir in salt, pepper, basil, and Parmesan cheese. Continue to simmer for 10-15 minutes, or until thickened. Transfer sauce to a separate bowl. Serve immediately with bread sticks for dipping.

SOURCE




No comments:

Post a Comment

Like what I have posted? Leave me comment! I love getting feedback.