Thursday, June 26, 2014

Herb Bubble Loaf



I have been meaning to post this for a while, and now the time has come! When I first made this, I really had no idea what to expect. But like all things containing butter, it was amazing. Plus it had oregano in it, and everyone knows how fantastic that tastes in pizza. Now it has its own bread to fill!


The second time I made a bubble loaf, I actually modified this recipe quite a bit. Instead of it being savory, I turned it into a dessert pull-apart bread. I left out the oregano (obviously) and replaced it with cinnamon and sugar. I also had it drenched in a caramel sauce. I bet you can guess how amazing that tasted! Perhaps sometime I will post the exact modifications I made (I don't really remember everything I did, it was a long time ago), but until then, enjoy this delicious herb bubble loaf. (The bubbles make it much more fun to eat than regular boring bread!) 


HERB BUBBLE LOAF:

Yield: About 17 rolls

TIME: 140 min
PREP: 20 min
RISE: 90 min
COOK: 30 min

OVEN: 400 degrees F

INGREDIENTS:

2 tablespoons dry active yeast

1 tablespoon granulated sugar

3/4 cup warm milk (100-115 degrees F)

1 1/2 sticks butter, melted and divided

1 1/2 teaspoons salt

1 1/2 teaspoons oregano, finely chopped (dry or fresh)

4 cups all-purpose flour

DIRECTIONS:

In a large bowl, dissolve yeast and sugar in warm milk. Let stand until foamy, about 5-10 minutes.

Stir 6 tablespoons melted butter, salt, and oregano into the yeast mixture. Stir in flour 1/2 cup at a time until stiff dough forms.

On a floured surface, knead dough until smooth and elastic, about 5-10 minutes. Place in a greased bowl, covering loosely with a damp cloth until doubled in size, about 1 hour.

Grease a 9x5"-inch loaf pan. On a floured surface, roll dough into a long rope, and cut into 17 equal pieces. Roll each piece into a ball; brush balls with remaining melted butter. Place rolls in prepared pan, arranging 2 rows of 6 rolls on the bottom, and 5 rolls down the center on top.

Cover again; let rise in a warm place until dough reached the top of the pan, about 30 minutes.

Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Bake until rolls are golden, about 30 minutes. Transfer pan to a wire rack to cool.






No comments:

Post a Comment

Like what I have posted? Leave me comment! I love getting feedback.