Thursday, June 12, 2014

Snowballs




It's almost officially summer!! With heat waves begining to suffocate us, I decided to make something reminding myself that hot weather is far better than cold. Even if it's unpleasant, heat doesn't threaten to cause frostbite or hypothermia.


I looove coconut!! Unfortunately for me, many members of my family despise it. For their sake, I usually try to avoid this ingredient in most recipes. However, coconut is a key factor in Snowballs. Without it, they would be plain no-bake cookies, or worse, mud puddles. Coconut makes everything (or at least this) better!!

Snowballs:

Yield: 4 dozen

Time: 2 hours
Prep: 15 min
Chill: 105 min

Ingredients:

2 cups sugar

3/4 cup melted butter

1 1/4 cup milk

3 cups large rolled oats

1 cup shredded coconut

10 tablespoons cocoa

1 1/2 cups extra coconut to roll the balls

Directions:

In a large saucepan, combine sugar, butter, and milk.

Boil together gently over medium high heat for 5 minutes, or until mixture reaches about 230 degrees F on a candy thermometer.

In a seperate bowl, mix togeher oats, 1 cup coconut, and coco.

Add boiled mixture to the dry ingredients, fold together until well combined, and chill until mixture is able to be shaped into 1 1/2 inch balls.

Roll balls in additional coconut. Store in fridge or freezer. 

Source: http://www.nlrockrecipes.com/2007/11/perfect-snowball.html


No comments:

Post a Comment

Like what I have posted? Leave me comment! I love getting feedback.