Thursday, July 24, 2014

Cowboy Caviar


Today's post will be rather simple. Still utterly delicious, but a bit easier to make than what I usually cook. This week I have be attending an acting day camp that puts on a play at the end of the week. Naturally, I have limited time to spend on cooking, because I am either busy in rehearsal, or learning my lines.


I've had hardly any spare time, especially for cooking, so I decided to make something a little less time consuming. I remember tasting a similar recipe a couple years ago, so I tried to find one that best replicated what I had eaten before. After digging around a bit I came across this lovely recipe, changed around a few ingredients, and created a delicious batch of coyboy caviar.


COWBOY CAVIAR:

TIME: 2 hours
PREP: 10 min
CHILL: 50 min

YIELD: 10 servings

INGREDIENTS:

1/4 cup olive oil

1/4 cup white sugar

1/4 cup apple cider vinegar

2 tablespoons chopped green onion

2 tablespoon cilantro, chopped

1 14oz can pinto beans, drained

1 14oz can black beans, drained and rinsed

1 14oz can whole kernel corn, drained

1 tablespoon lime juice

1 teaspoon salt

1 bag tortilla chips

DIRECTIONS:

Combine oil, vinegar, lime juice, and sugar in a medium glass bowl.

Add chopped green onions and cilantro. Fold in beans, salt, and corn. Chill for at least 50 minutes before serving, and store in refrigerator.

SOURCE


8 comments:

  1. I love Cowboy Caviar! I'll have to give you my recipe to try out sometime ^.^

    ~Katrina

    ReplyDelete
  2. Because the admin of this web site is working, no doubt very rapidly it
    will be renowned, due to its feature contents.

    Here is my web site: concept 2 model d review

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hmm... I'm not exactly sure what you mean by that... Care to elaborate?

      Delete
  3. You really make it seem so easy with your presentation however I to find this topic to be really one
    thing that I believe I'd by no means understand.

    It kind of feels too complex and extremely vast for me.
    I'm taking a look forward on your subsequent submit, I will
    attempt to get the cling of it!

    My webpage; Carpet Cleaning Hope Mills NC

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi friends, nice piece of writing and pleasant urging commented here, I am genuinely enjoying by these.


    My weblog - educational site for recipes and quilting

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW just what I was looking for. Came here by searching for Minecraft Games

    My blog - quest bars

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello, I enjoy reading all of your article post.

    I wanted to write a little comment to support you.


    Here is my web page - minecraft.net

    ReplyDelete
  7. Appreciate this post. Will try it out.

    Here is my blog post :: paid surveys (paidsurveysb.tripod.com)

    ReplyDelete

Like what I have posted? Leave me comment! I love getting feedback.