Monday, July 7, 2014

French Vanilla Coffee Creamer


I absolutely looooove artificially flavored vanilla coffee creamer. I'm not sure why, but it could have something to do with the fact that it is incredibly awesome. Healthy? Probably not, which is why it always seems to be absent from my home. However, I have remedied that situation with the super easy homemade version. Although it still is probably not healthy, it lacks artificial colors and flavors, as well as corn syrup.



With all burning temperatures of summer, I have been looking for more and more ways to flavor my iced coffee. I have gotten tired of the plain and boring bitter sensation associated with coffee, and have searched around for knew tastes that compliment it. Mint, naturally is one of my favorites, but I have noticed that in iced coffeevanilla enhances sweet flavors, allowing lesser amounts of sugar to be added. I have also added salted caramel sauce and created a beverage similar to a caramel cooler found at Caribou Coffee. So far, this vanilla iced coffee has been one of my favorites, but I will hopefully have other renditions of it done this summer.



FRENCH VANILLA COFFEE CREAMER:

YIELD: 8 servings

TIME: 2 min
PREP: 2 min

INGREDIENTS:

1/2 cup heavy whipping cream

1 cup milk

4 tablespoons powdered sugar

1 teaspoon vanilla

DIRECTIONS:

Combine milk and heavy cream. Whisk in powdered sugar, and stir in vanilla. Serve in hot or iced coffee.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Like what I have posted? Leave me comment! I love getting feedback.