Thursday, July 10, 2014

Hash Browns


Hash browns, in my opinion are one of the greatest breakfast side dishes, there are. Almost equal with bacon, but they have to be perfectly crispy and seasoned. I've tasted horrid gag-worthy hash browns before, more like potato slop than food. However, if cooked and seasoned correctly, they can be just as (or more) delicious than those found in restaurants.


I think the only trick to making these flawlessly, is ensuring that the pan is completely greased, and that they are crispy before being flipped. My first try, I made the patty to big, and they completely fell apart. However, on my second attempt they turned out perfectly.


Hash Browns:

Yield: 1-2 servings

Time: 10 min
Prep: 5 min
Cook: 5 min

Ingredients:

1 medium russet potato, peeled and grated

1/2 teaspoon minced dried onions

salt and pepper to taste

Olive oil, for greasing

Directions:

Heat a frying pan over medium heat.

Over a medium bowl, squeeze grated potato pieces, removing as much of the juice as possible. The more water removed, the crispier they'll be. Mix in dried onions, salt, and pepper.

Grease heated pan with oil, and form 2 patties out of the grated potatoes. Cook both sides for about 2 1/2 minutes, until crispy. Serve with eggs and toast.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Like what I have posted? Leave me comment! I love getting feedback.