Thursday, July 17, 2014

Peanut Butter Banana Smoothie


Recently I have tried new smoothie combinations. I wanted to make something different than the regular strawberry ones I make so often. (I've gone into a bit of a strawberry overload.) I looked around for a while on Pinterest, hoping for some form of inspiration, and finally decided to make a peanut butter banana smoothie.


Although it is not necessary, I like to freeze the banana to make it seem a bit more like ice cream. I have also tried adding a tablespoon of cocoa to the mixture. It is, of course, magnificent without any modifications, though chocolate makes almost everything better!



PEANUT BUTTER BANANA SMOOTHIE:

TIME: 5 minutes

YIELD: 1-2 servings

INGREDIENTS:

1 banana

1/2 cup milk

1/4 Greek yogurt

1 tablespoon peanut butter

1/2 teaspoon vanilla

1 cup ice cubes

DIRECTIONS:

Combine all ingredients in a blender. Blend until smooth. Poor into 1-2 glasses, serve immediately.

SOURCE: http://www.gimmesomeoven.com/peanut-butter-banana-smoothie-recipe/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Like what I have posted? Leave me comment! I love getting feedback.