Monday, July 28, 2014

Pepperoni Pizza Pasta Salad


I recently came across a recipe for a pizza pasta salad. Needless to say that I was ecstatic! Pizza, in my opinion, is one of the greatest foods ever, other than Nutella and cotton candy, of course. In fact, the first thing I ever cooked (not baked) was a homemade pizza (you can find that recipe HERE).


Since there is little reason to eat a pasta salad by itself (that would be rather sad), I accompanied it with bread sticks and a garlic Alfredo dipping sauce. Although they are technically all side dishes, it seemed like a good idea when I came up with it. Bread sticks are pretty filling, though, especially with the dipping sauce.


PEPPERONI PIZZA PASTA SALAD:

YIELD: 8 servings

TIME: 2 hours
PREP: 30 min
CHILL: 1 hour 30 min

INGREDIENTS:

1 lbs. box penne pasta

1 8oz package whole pepperoni

1 8oz package mozzarella cheese

1 16oz bottle of your favorite Italian dressing

1 cup cherry tomatoes (optional)

1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese (optional)

DIRECTIONS:

Cook you pasta according to package directions until al dente. Cool.

Cube mozzarella and pepperoni into 1-inch cubes. Halve the cherry tomatoes. Add to cooled pasta.

Pour the Italian dressing over the pasta to taste. Gently fold everything together. Sprinkle Parmesan on top, and fold everything together once more. Cover with plastic wrap, and chill for 1 and 1/2 hours.

SOURCE



4 comments:

  1. Wonderful blog! I found it while surfing around on Yahoo
    News. Do you have any suggestions on how to get listed in Yahoo News?
    I've been trying for a while but I never seem to get there!
    Many thanks

    Also visit my site ... hacker un compte facebook

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the nice comment! I was not actually aware that my blog appeared on Yahoo News... I guess I can't really help you.

      Delete
    2. Also, cool website! Makes me wish I knew more French!

      Delete
  2. Greetings! This is my first comment here so I just wanted to give
    a quick shout out and say I genuinely enjoy reading through your posts.

    Can you suggest any other blogs/websites/forums that go over
    the same topics? Thanks a ton!

    my homepage Schl├╝sselnotdienst Berlin

    ReplyDelete

Like what I have posted? Leave me comment! I love getting feedback.