Thursday, August 14, 2014

Garlic Parmesan Mashed Potatoes


I don't commonly work with potatoes, especially boiled ones. In fact, I believe this is the second time I have ever boiled a potato. Nerve wracking, huh? Especially since we had a guest for dinner, and I had never attempted mashed potatoes before. Well, I like to toy with danger. That is, danger in the form a starchy vegetable!!

 I was extremely doubtful of whether or not they would turn out, especially after I added the half-and-half mixture to the boiled potatoes. It looked like lumpy milk. That is, until I let sit for a bit, and it thickened up. Anyhow, you may rest assured that the mash turned out delightfully.


GARLIC PARMESAN MASHED POTATOES:

YIELD: 10 servings

TIME: 50 min
PREP: 20 min
COOK: 30 min

INGREDIENTS:

3 1/2 pounds russet potatoes

2 tablespoons salt

2 cup half-and-half

6 cloves garlic, crushed

6oz grated Parmesan cheese

DIRECTIONS:

Peel potatoes, and cut in half. Place in a large saucepan, add salt, and cover with water. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat, and reduce heat, but maintain a rolling boil. Cook until potatoes are soft.

Heat half-and-half and garlic in a medium saucepan over medium heat, until simmering. Remove from heat and set aside.

Drain potatoes, and mash them. Mix in garlic half-and-half mixture, and add the Parmesan. Let sit for about 5 minutes to thicken up before serving.

SOURCE




No comments:

Post a Comment

Like what I have posted? Leave me comment! I love getting feedback.