Thursday, August 21, 2014

Microwave Vanilla Pudding


For some reason I have always tortured myself by making vanilla pudding over a stove top. It takes forever! Plus, it's unbearable in the summer heat to stand before a boiling pot of hot goo. I remember a couple years ago I tried making stove top pudding; most of it ended up scorched on the bottom of the pan. It was very disappointing, and pretty yucky. However, I have had nothing but success with using my microwave.


A long long time ago I posted a chocolate version of this. Pretty epic, but since I know that not everyone adores chocolate, I thought it would be nice to make vanilla pudding. (You can find the chocolate pudding recipe HERE.) 


MICROWAVE VANILLA PUDDING:

YIELD: 4 servings

TIME: 15 min
PREP: 5 min
COOK: 7-10 min

INGREDIENTS:

2 cups milk

1/2 cup sugar

1/4 cup cornstarch

2 eggs, slightly beaten

1 teaspoon vanilla

2 tablespoon butter

DIRECTIONS:

In a microwave safe bowl, combine cornstarch and sugar. Slowly whisk in milk. Microwave for 5-7 minutes, or until thickened.

Stir in eggs, and cook for an additional 1-2 minutes. Mix in vanilla and butter. Transfer to serving dishes, and refrigerate until ready to serve. (If you want the pudding to be chilled, chill for around 2 hours. However, it tastes fantastic warm, too.)





No comments:

Post a Comment

Like what I have posted? Leave me comment! I love getting feedback.