Thursday, August 28, 2014

Pumpkin Pie Frappuccino


Pumpkin season is soon to arrive, so I figured I would have to start digging around for some new recipes. Since it is still technically summer, even though the temperature has begun to slowly decrease, I decided to make a frappucinno, but still incorporate some pumpkin.

I was pretty sceptical of mixing pumpkin with coffee. (I still have yet to try a pumpkin spice latte from Starbucks, so I'm pretty ignorant when it comes to the combination of pumpkin and coffee, if those even have any pumpkin in them at all.) However, I was in desperate need of something to post, decided to give it a go. It turned out much better than I had expected, essentially, like a  refreshing slice of pumpkin pie in a cup.


PUMPKIN PIE FRAPPUCCINO:

TIME: 4 hours
PREP: 15 min

INGREDIENTS:

1 cup milk

1/4 cup pumpkin puree

2 tablespoons honey

1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice

1 cup coffee, chilled

DIRECTIONS:

Whisk together milk, pumpkin, honey, and pumpkin pie spice. Pour into an ice cube mold, and freeze for 4 hours, or until hard.

In a blender, blend together ice cubes and coffee. Pour into a tall glass, and serve with whipped cream if desired. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Like what I have posted? Leave me comment! I love getting feedback.