Thursday, September 11, 2014

Parmesan Chicken

I've been wanting to make a really delicious savory recipe for a while, and naturally I was thrilled when I discovered this Parmesan chicken recipe on my Pinterest feed. Since I hadn't cooked any chicken for several months, I figured I'd give it a go. 

The last time I made chicken, it was nearly disastrous. I accidentally had the heat too high in my frying pan, and the slices of chicken were too large. The outside was nice and crispy, but the inside was completely raw. I was able to salvage it by throwing it in the oven for a little while, but it was pretty dry. However, this chicken turned out perfectly, and I served it with some gravy, and green beans.

PARMESAN CHICKEN:

YIELD: 6 servings

TIME: About an hour
PREP: 20 min
COOK: 50 min

OVEN: 400 degrees F

INGREDIENTS:

1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese (the Kraft kind is fine)

1/4 cup seasoned bread crumbs

1/4 teaspoon paprika

1/4 teaspoon black pepper

6 small boneless skinless chicken breasts

3 tablespoon butter or margarine, melted

DIRECTIONS:

Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. 

Mix cheese, crumbs, and seasonings in a shallow dish.

Dip chicken in butter, then in cheese mixture, turning evenly to coat each breast before placing on rimmed baking sheet spraying with cooking spray.

Cover with aluminum foil, and bake for about 50 minutes. Ten minutes before chicken is finished cooking, remove foil to allow it to crisp up. Serve with gravy. (Recipe follows)

GRAVY:

INGREDIENTS:

1 10oz can cream of chicken soup

2 tablespoon sour cream

2 tablespoon butter

DIRECTIONS:

Combine ingredients in a microwave safe bowl, and heat until hot (about 3-4 minutes). 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Like what I have posted? Leave me comment! I love getting feedback.