Thursday, September 18, 2014

Pumpkin Bread


















Well, pumpkin season has arrived again, so I figured I kick it off by making pumpkin bread! I've never made or eaten pumpkin bread before (at least, not that I remember), so naturally, I had no idea what to expect. Turns out, it's  a lot like banana bread, but moister. Isn't pumpkin one of the greatest flavors ever discovered? Not quite as fantastic as mint, but still pretty good. That is, paired with sugar and spices, otherwise it tastes just like squash.

It was a little tricky to get it thoroughly cooked in the center, without the outside getting burnt. To fix that problem, I thew some aluminum foil over it about 15 minutes before it was finished cooking.

 Happy Autumn, everyone! (Even though technically the first day of fall isn't until the 23rd.)


PUMPKIN BREAD:

YIELD: 2 loaves

TIME: 1 hour 5 min
PREP: 15 min
COOK: 50 min

INGREDIENTS:

1 (15 ounce) can pumpkin puree

4 eggs

1 cup vegetable oil

2/3 cup water

3 cups white sugar

3 1/2 cups all-purpose flour

2 teaspoons baking soda

1 1/2 teaspoons salt

2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice

DIRECTIONS:

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F, and grease 2 loaf pans.

In a large boil, combine wet ingredients. Whisk together dry ingredients in a separate bowl, and slowly add to wet ingredients, mixing until thoroughly blended. Poor into prepared pans.

Bake for 50-60 minutes in preheated oven until loaves are done, when  toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Allow to cool for 10 minutes before removing from the pans.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Like what I have posted? Leave me comment! I love getting feedback.