Thursday, October 2, 2014

White Chocolate Chip Cookies

I'm back! Oven fixed, and all! Sorry I was absent for so long, but I'm sure that I will have plenty to post about now that I have a working oven. (You can read about my exploding oven HERE)

For this week, I decided to make white chocolate chip cookies. I considered throwing in some macadamia nuts, but I decided to make chocolate dough instead (partially, because I had no macadamia nuts).

I thought these were pretty cool, because they were like reverse chocolate chip cookies! Basically meaning, instead of having chocolate chips and vanilla dough, there are white chocolate chips and chocolate dough! Yum!

WHITE CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES:

YIELD: 2 dozen

TIME: 30 min
PREP: 15 min
COOK: 15 min

OVEN: 350 degrees F

INGREDIENTS:

1 cup butter or Crisco

1 1/2 cups brown sugar

2 eggs

1 teaspoon vanilla

1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder

2 cups all-purpose flour

1 teaspoon baking soda

1 teaspoon salt

DIRECTIONS:

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.

Beat together butter, sugar, eggs, and vanilla, until mixture is light and fluffy. Slowly add cocoa powder, stirring until fully combined. Mix in baking soda, salt and flour.

Spoon batter onto greased baking sheets, and bake for 10-15 minutes until golden (it can be easy to burn these since they are chocolate, so just keep a close eye on them.) Allow to cool for 5 minutes before removing from baking sheets.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Like what I have posted? Leave me comment! I love getting feedback.